February 15, 2017

It's been a while..

It's been a while since I've posted on my blog. I'm just lazy as heck lol. I have been creating little pieces of art here and there and I'm going to share them all on my blog today, probably in multiple posts.

The first thing I want to share is this little lady. She doesnt look like much does she? Why did I make her on tissue paper? Well, I dont really know lol. I was just kind of experimenting with things I had and am working on people and faces and finding my style.

I've seen people in YouTube videos, particularly honeybunnyJIJI make people on tissue paper, cut them out and incorporate them into journal pages. Here's a link to her youtube site: HunnybunnyJIJI  I just looooove all of her pages! Creating on tissue paper kind of took the pressure off. I had tissue paper in the hallway closet to be used in gift bags.Who cares if it didn't go very well on tissue paper?

I haven't put her into a journal page yet but I will eventually. Don't mind the messy blob of paint. I just wanted to share this practicing stage. Practice makes perfect right?

I used colored pencils on her and am practicing hair. Hair is hard! I like that she's cartoon like so there's no need for a realistic face. I I know it's hard to see some of the features so I should definitely outline her.


I really like this cartoon type style. I cant wait to get more people in my journal! Get in there and practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment