February 15, 2017

Another Autumn Journal Page

Back in the October of 2016 I made a mixed media type of journal page that was Autumn themed. (You can see that Journal Page here: Mother Nature Sees You ) I really liked that page, so I thought I'd make a different version of it.

#artjournal
#artjournal
  1. I started by gluing down book pages first. I know, they really disappeared and you cant see them much.
  2. Gesso went over the top of the pages
  3. Once the gesso was dry, I applied Tim Holtz Distress Paint. The color is Mermaid Lagoon. It's a nice bright happy blue isn't it?
  4. Next, I randomly stamped a script stamp using black Archival Ink
  5. I applied Texture Paste through a Prima Stencil. (That's the crackly shapes in the corners of the page.)
  6. Once the texture paste was dry, I went over the texture paste directly with Stickles
  7. I already had a leaf template from when I did the "Mother Nature Sees You" Journal Page. So, I used that template to trace more leaves onto a manila file folder. 
  8. The leaves were painted with pink craft paint, cut out, and glued to the page
  9. I did somewhat shade around the leaves using a grayish type of acrylic paint.
  10. Of course I had to add little pearl embellishments all over the page. They were glued in place
  11. The quote "Those who don't  believe in magic will never find it" comes from one of Tim Holtz Sticker Books. I glued the sticker to a piece of printer paper before gluing that to the page.
  12. I outlined the piece of paper the sticker was on with more stickles on. I love sparkles!
Here's the left side of the page:

Here's the right side of the page:

Art journal page And that's the 2nd version of the page. Pretty plain and simple, which is OK! I just want to enjoy myself in my creations. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment