February 15, 2017

Art Journal using a Penny Black Stamp

Ok... I saved the best for last! lol This is my fave journal page I made recently. The more I play around in my journal, the more my style is evolving. Finding your own style can take a loooong time. I don't want to copy anyone. I want to make my own work, and make it for me, you know?

So, here it is....Drum roll please...

#mixedmedia
#artjournal

Art Journal Page
#artjournalpage

#mixedmedia
#mixedmedia
Ohhhh! I just love it! I couldn't be more happy! There's a nice sized blank space on the left side of the page. I am actually going to do some word journaling in there. I left that space empty on purpose When the time comes that I do that, I'll post an updated pic here. I just had to share it!

The Products I Used & Some of the Techniques:
  • Gesso
  • Gray Acrylic Paint - Actually, its Apple Barrel craft paint from Walmart (really watered down)
  • Pink Acrylic/Craft Paint 
  • Black Acrylic/Craft Paint
  • Texture Paste
  • Stencil
  • Colored Pencils (emphasized the Flower)
  • Black Marker & Black Pen
  • Penny Black Stamp & Black Archival Ink
  • A little bit of Black Archival Inked randomly on the page
  • A water bottle cap dipped in paint 
  • White Paint splattered on the page
It's crazy to me how much money I've spent on expensive products and I'm learning that some of these cheap supplies can achieve nice results. I'm kind of angry that I spent so much money in the past. I've heard a master Artists/Teacher say "it's not about the supplies, it's about mastering the supplies". OMG!! He was so right! Have you ever seen the "cheap supply" YouTube challenges? Check them out! It's eye opening.

Don't get me wrong here, I see a huge difference between cheapie craft paint and artists grade paint such as Golden Fluid Acrylics. But right now, I'm just as happy with the cheap craft paint. I'm not looking to make master work here. I'm looking to have fun and let go. That's what I'm doing this for. I feel like if I have expensive supplies, I'm too afraid to use them. I hoard them really.

Anyway, let go in your journal and have fun today! I promise it will be healing.

Thank you so much for stopping by!XOXO!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa, I love your art journal page. It's beautiful!!!! I love using cheaper supplies too. I don't have the funds to spend on expensive supplies, so if it's something I can make or find a different product and use it for my purposes, I'm over the moon for savings. Keep up the good art and keep on sharing. Good to see you my friend!!! hugs and love, patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping over Patty! We can be over the moon together for savings lol. Thanks for the love and support and kind words.

      Delete