|#arttag #crafttag #mixedmedia|
This is actually an altered file folder. File folders are sooo awesome! Anything can be slapped on them. Whether its paint, gelatos, tissue paper, ink, ink sprays, and they are really thick and sturdy too. I snapped a pic of the back of the tagA to show the file folder.
Products I used and steps I took are below in order of layerBase Layer:
- Trim a file folder down to a size
- Glue down Tim Holtz Tissue Paper with Faber Castell Gel Medium
- Apply Mermaid Lagoon Distress Paint by Ranger Ink
- Kaisercraft Clock Stencil with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink
- Tim Holtz School House Stencil and Black Archival Ink (alphabet stencil)
- Harlequin Stamp and Black Archival Ink (No name stamp found on clearance, one of my faves!)
- Prima Marketing Grungy Grid Stencil and Texture Paste
- Black Archival Inked Edges
- Penny Black Clear Stamp Set Efflorescence, stamped with Black Archival Ink, and colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, cut and glued down
- Happy Birthday was stamped with Black Archival Ink on white card stock, and glued down
- Tim Holtz Ideology Ornate Plates covered with white acrylic paint.
- Red Crystal Embellishments were glued down. ($1.00 bin at Michael's)
- Red & White String tied through a punched hole at the top. ($1.00 bin at Michael's)
- I made a money envelope with my Envelope Punch Board, punched a hole and connected the string. That's the money envelope for my sisters gift. I think once the money is in there I'll add a teeny bit of double sided tape to the flap so it stays closed until she gets it home.
I'd like to enter this project into the following challenges:
- Creative Artiste's Challenge #17, Anything Mixed Media Goes
- More Mixed Media Challenge, Anything Goes. Optional Bright Colours
- A Vintage Journey, Stencil It
- Craft Stamper Magazine, Stencils & Masks
- The Artistic Stamper Creative Team, Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by! XO