July 3, 2016

Art Journal Page using a free printable and loads of Distress Ink

Hi all! Thanks for stopping by to see this cute journal page! This little monster was free printable I found here: Free Monster Coloring Page

(If anyone uses this coloring page, please be sure to link back to Jamey's page to give her kudos for the awesome freebie) 
Art Journal Page
Art Journal Page
 The Background was made using
1. Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink (all ink was applied using a makeup sponge)
2. Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink
3. Scattered Straw Distress Ink
4. Stamping a bottle cap with white paint
5. Deep Red Bubble Stamp stamped using Fossilized Amber Distress Ink, and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink
6. White Paint dabbed through a Tim Holtz Circle Stencil
7. Mermaid Lagoon stenciled through another Tim Holtz Stencil
8. Mermaid Lagoon applied through a Swirl Stencil
  • I drew three clouds and colored them in with pencil. I also went over the clouds with a swirl stencil and more Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink. These clouds were cut out and glued to the page using gel medium
Art journal page
Art Journal Page
  • Then three Flowers were drawn with pencil first, colored with my $1.00 store colored pencils, traced with a permanent marker, then glued to the page. I always add little embellishments to my page. The flower center were a perfect spot for pearls! A green marker was used to draw in the stem, and a white gel pen to make the little stem dots.
  • The little monster was a free printable I found on Pinterest that led me here to
    Jamey's Blog/page: Monster Coloring Page.
  • I used my $1.00 store colored pencils to color the monster. I did cut the monster out, and of course glued it to the page. The last thing I did to the monster was added stickles to the teeth.
  • A Tim Holtz chit chat sticker was glued to the bottom of the page. It says: Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder. This was inked as well with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink
#artjournalpage
You can view all my other art journal pages by going here: Art Journal Pages
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Another super page! I love that you point out you used your $1 colored pencils. You just proved (yet again) that you can use what you have, you don't necessarily have to have "the latest and greatest thing" to make wonderful pages. I find that so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete