May 30, 2016

Own Your Dreams- Art Journal using a coloring book

Art Journal Page made with coloring book pieces, colored pencils, Distress Ink, and stencils

#artjournal
Art Journal Page
Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by here. I have to tell you, coloring book pieces work great in an art journal! Free printables do too. My sweet Mama (thanks Mom!) got it for  me a while ago. Every once in a while I rip pages out and use them a piece to make my own creation. It's really a great go-to! It's really nice to have around when you want to create a journal page but don't know what to do.

Coloring book page
I started going around the edges of my journal with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink. I just love green!  I also used went randomly around the page with a sand dollar stencil using the same distress ink. I found this stencil for $1.00! I used a Tim Holtz small circle stencil with a tiny bit of purple colored distress ink as well.

The top and bottom of the page was stamped with archival ink. (that's the circles you see going around the top and bottom) I added little white dots with a gel pen on top of each circle.

I used colored pencils to color in the pieces from the coloring book, cut them out, and glued down. I also added silver sparkle stickles all over.(Looove sparkles and glitter!!)

#artjournalpage
The last thing I did was write my quote. I am excited about this yall! I didn't stamp the quote! I wrote it myself!The quote says OWN YOUR DREAMS. ( A quote I actually need to listen to instead of just reading it)

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I've never thought to use pages from my coloring book. What a great idea. And I love that stencil.

    ReplyDelete