May 13, 2016

Never give up

Art Journal page using acrylic craft paint, stencils, stamps, distress, archival ink, texture paste, and a paint pen.

Art journal page
#artjournal

I went crazy here! lol I just didn't care today. I wanted to have some fun with my paint.

I started with paint I purchased at Walmart for less than $1.00 a bottle. If memory serves, the price was around .70 a bottle. 

My background does have gesso on it. That was my first step. After that, I used a makeup sponge to dab on acrylic paint in a dabbing/tapping type of rhythm. One color was applied at a time. The green color was what I started with. The second color I applied with the makeup sponge was yellow. They mixed together very nicely. 

One note: there was a few times I had to spritz water on the page. The paint blended together so much easier when it was a tiny bit wet. My camera didn't pick up how bright things really are in some of the pics, which is a little disappointing.I know, I need better lighting. I'm workin on it.



After this, I went crazy with stamps, stencils, distress ink, archival ink, texture paste, and a paint pen! Lol. I had fun with this one! There is no rhyme or reason here, just let it go!





#artjournalpage
 Honestly, I don't know if I have a style. I love it all! I love stamping, stencils, ink, doodles, collage, altered art, pastels, acrylic, sketching, you name it! At this point, I can say I have the most fun when I wing it, like I did with this page. And I love bright colors! Thanks for popping by!


I would like to play along and enter this page into the following challenges:
  1. Craft Stamper Magazine- Take it Make it, anything goes (must include stamping) 
  2. Not just cards challenges, anything goes 
  3. Craft your passion challenges, always anything goes 
  4. Anything but cute, Challenge #13, celebrate your style 
  5. Crafting with an attitude, Challenge #15  

No comments:

Post a Comment