May 30, 2016

Inchies, Twinchies, Trinchies?

I was soooo in the mood to make something!! So, I made these little guys. The first one is close to ATC size (3.5 X 2.5) Its a tiny bit bigger so its technically not an ATC. I did put little magnets on the back of these and I'll put them on the fridge!

I'm inventing a trinchie yall! It's a 3X3 piece of art work. The second piece is definitely a trinche.

If you do something like this with a wet medium such as ink, you may want to consider backing it with thick card stock so the edges don't curl. I don't think I'd have this problem if I didn't put magnets on the back. I believe it would've been a-ok if it was left flat on the back.

#1
#2
I don't have the step by step for this. I didn't know where I was going with it. Sorry ya'll! I can give a description of the products used for each one, which I'll put below.

I started by trimming down a manila file folder. At the beginning, this was all one large piece sprayed with Dylusions Spray Ink. Once dried, I cut the file folder down to a size I felt like working with. I've noticed I work better in small size. Yea, the big huge canvases are not my thing. lol

I pulled out my stamps and ran through them trying to figure out what to do. I remembered HLS was having their mixed media challenge to use shine. My plan from the gate was to use stickles.

Supplies List

 #1
  • Manila file folder trimmed
  • Dylusions Spray Ink
  • Distress Ink 
  • Archival Ink
  • Tim Holtz mini blueprint stamp
  • Tim Holtz chit chat stickers
  • Tim Holtz rubons
  • White paint
  • Gold GLITTER Stickles
  • Black cardstock for the back
  • Magnet

 #2
  • Manila file folder trimmed
  • Dylusions Spray Ink
  • Stencils
  • Distress Ink
  • Tim Holtz mini blueprint stamp
  • White Paint
  • White Gel Pen
  • Archival Ink
  • Silver Sparkle Stickles
  • Markers
  • Tim Holtz Rubons
  • Foam pop up stickers 
  • Black Cardstock for the back
  • Magnet
I'd like to enter these creations into the following challenges:
  1. HLS May Mixed media Challenge-Shine- Used stickles
  2. Craft your passion- Always Anything goes
  3. Get Creative Challenges-Bingo: used stickles glitter & stitching
  4. Creatalicious Challenge- Anything goes +optional wedding 

No comments:

Post a Comment