April 17, 2016

Spring is in the air...

Spring/Flowers/Vintage/Mixed Media Art Journal Page


Spring Art Journal Page
Art Journal Page
I took my good ol' time on this Journal Page. It took about a week to finish. Everyone's creative process is different. At some point I usually have to step away for a little bit. The room I have all my craft stuff in doesn't have a TV or anything (yet). As much as I love art journaling, it gets a little too quiet and lonely in that room at times.

Left Page
Right Page


I don't have any pics of the journal page while I was creating it.  Some days I worked on this for 10 minutes. Other days I worked on it for 30. Total time was probably 2.5 hours. 
Steps I took are below:
1. Glue old book pages
2. Gesso over the book pages using water to thin out the gesso
3. Paint the page using cheap craft paint (under $1.00/bottle at Walmart)
4. Randomly stamp with script stamp and black Archival Ink (this was stamped twice on scrap paper before stamping in the book. I wanted a faded look)
5. Inkadinkado Stamp and black Archival Ink at 2 corners (I had to color these in with marker. It just wouldn't stamp clean and crisp)
6. Using a makeup sponge, stencil randomly with Prima Netting Stencil and Vintage Photo Distress Ink
7. Stamp the diamond pattern with Black Archival Ink
8. Dip a water bottle cap in white paint and stamp
9. Ranger Texture Paste through a Tim Holtz tiny circle stencil
10. Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edge of the pages
11. Draw Flowers (draw 1 leaf, cut it out. Retrace the leaf over and over around a circle)
12. Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the flowers
13. Glue pearls to flowers
14. Glue Flowers to page
15. Using Black Archival Ink, stamp quote onto ivory paper and distress the paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
16. Cut out black cardstock a little bit bigger than the paper the quote is on
17. Glued cardstock to journal page
18. Glued quote to cardstock

19. Glued more pearls 
mixed media journal page
Mixed media art journal page

#artjournalpage

I'd like to enter this Journal Page and play along in the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment