April 30, 2016

Darling, you are a work of art

Art Journal Page using gelatos, stamps, stencils, distress ink, texture paste, and embellishments

#artjournal
Art Journal Page
I am playing along with three blog challenges for this page. If you'd like to play along, links to their page are below. At the end of the page are links to the specific challenge.
1. Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges.
www.creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au
2. The Artistic Stamper
http://theartisticstampercreativeteam.blogspot.com/
3.Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

 I'm very happy with the way this turned out. I love this page! Below is a list of steps I took to complete the page.
1. I started by gluing old book pages down with Faber-Castel gel medium. Once dry, I added a layer of watered down gesso. 


2. On the background, I started with yellow Gelatos in the center of the page. Then added both of the pink Gelatos you see in the above picture around the outside of the pages blending one color at a time with a baby wipe. 

3.Later I went around the outside of the page with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. 

4.Vintage Photo Distress Ink was applied through a Prima Stencil. 

5.I stamped a script stamp randomly on the page using vintage photo distress ink.

I think this background is absolutely beautiful!! I was scared to add anything to it. 

6.I added a layer of gel medium over top of this gelato and distress ink background, because neither of those are permanent. 

7.Once that was dry, I used a Tim Holtz stencil and Ranger Texture Paste. (that's the white numbers popping off the page)

8.The flowers were found online as a free printable

9. The flowers and leaves were colored with colored pencils purchased at the dollar store. 

10. I really liked the colors, but wanted the flowers to be a bit more vibrant, so I added the same pink Gelatos I used on the background to the flowers. A tiny bit of green Gelatos was put on the leaves as well. I didn't use a baby wipe to blend here. I used my fingers. 

11. Little embellishments are so attractive to me. You can see in the corners pearls were glued down.

12. The final touch on the background was white paint splatters. Dilute white paint with a bunch of water.  Swirl your brush around, and then splatter all over the page. 

13.The metal piece/hardware on the right page is a Tim Holtz product. A small amount of gesso was applied to it so it has a faded distressed look. You could use white paint as well.


#artjournal
Art Journal Page
14. The quote behind the hardware is from Tim Holtz stickers quote book. I cut it in pieces, then glued it to a piece of paper that would fit behind the hardware. The quote is sweet! It says "Darling, you are a work of art". I also distressed around the quote with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

#mixedmedia
Art Journal Page
I'd like to play along and add this journal page to the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment