Be who you are and say what you mean.
Because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind.
|Art journal page |
I made this art journal page last night. I glues book pages to the background. I'm sure you ca understand the rationale behind that lol.
Below are the steps I took to make this page:
- Glued down old book pages
- Gesso spritzed with water to thin it out
- Mixed acrylic Apple Barrel paint with water (it spreads easier with water, and I wanted to the book pages to show through)
- Stencil with a Tim Holtz Stencil & an arrow stencil I found at Michaels using black Archival Ink
- Stamped a water bottle cap dipped in white paint
- Drew a hat (found a google image and drew what I saw on the screen)
- Cut the hat
- Painted the hat with red and white Apple Barrel acrylic paint
- Went over the hat with permanent marker to cover up the mess I made with paint
- Stamped the quote using black Archival Ink and Tim Holtz letter stamps
- Drew a border around both pages in pencil
- Painted the border with black acrylic paint (twice)
- Painted on white dots
I'm entering this Journal Page into the following:
- Craft Your Passions-Challenge 303 Always anything goes
- Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge- March Water
- Craft Stamper Take and Make It Challenge- March take a stamp/Anything Goes
- That Craft Place- #6 Anything goes.
Thank you so much for stopping by!