February 22, 2016

Art Journal Page using Gelatos & A Coloring Book

 Easy Art Journal Page Using Faber-Castell Gelatos, Coloring Book Pages, Texture Paste, & Stencils

Ohhh boy I am becoming a fan of these Gelatos! I think Gelatos make awesome backgrounds. They blend great. The color is vibrant. They are pretty much fool proof. The picture doesn't do enough justice for how pretty and bright the page really is.
I started with gesso on the page. When the gesso dried, I colored yellow gelatos in the middle of the page only. Before I blended the yellow, I went around the yellow with orange. I used a baby wipe to blend.one color at a time; first blending the yellow, then blending the orange. Make sure to blend one color at a time if you want to keep colors separate. 


Faber Castell Gelatos
Next I went around a few spots with ranger texture paste and a prima stencil. I also used black archival ink through a Tim Holtz stencil on a few random spots, as usual. This stencil is my absolute fave! It coordinates with everything! Its my go too stencil!

mixed media art journal page
Art Journal Page

Believe it or not, the flowers are from a coloring book. My sweet Mama picked up a coloring book for me for just a few dollars. When I glanced through the book, I knew some of the pages would come in handy in my art journal. I will definitely be using more of the coloring book in my art journal.

I colored the flowers with colored pencils, cut them out, and glued down. Pretty simple right? I didn't like all the black on the flowers so I used a white gel pen to cover up some of the black.

The quote is one I came across in Tim Holtz sticker book. The quote fits me perfectly. It says: Not all who wander are lost. Believe me, I'm a wanderer.

There is one thing I would change about this page, and that is the black ink through the stencil. I just don't care for the black on there.  Pretty easy journal page and I'm happy with the outcome. 

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
 Addicted to Stamps-Anything Goes
 Craft Your Passion-Always Anything Goes


No comments:

Post a Comment