February 13, 2016

But what if you fly?

Art Journal Page Using Inkadinkado Stamps, Craft Paint, Ink & Colored Pencils

I'm in love with this quote!

I used really cheap craft paint from Walmart for the background. I believe its all about the tools, and not the supplies. Does that make sense? For me, a good paint brush is more important than the paint. But everyone is different. Some people prefer the artist grade paint. Don't get me wrong, I do adore the "artists grade" supplies. But honestly, when I spend a ton of money on products, I hoard them. I have no problem running through a bottle of paint that was less than a pack of gum. 

So, I used craft paint. Brown and yellow end up so warm and inviting. I love this color combo. I never thought I'd be so fond of brown. I did some stenciling using craft paint, and stamping using Archival Ink. The flying images are inkadinkado stamps. They were stamped on tissue paper first, then colored with colored pencils.

#Artjournal
I was really afraid to stamp directly on the page for fear of making a mistake when I colored it Unfortunately when I glued down the stamped images with gel medium, I lost a LOT of the color because the background color pokes through the tissue paperNote to self for the next time I use tissue paper: put while paint or gesso down then glue the tissue paper on top of that.

I'm still really happy with the outcome. And who doesn't just love this quote? I think everyone can relate.
Art Journal Page

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment