January 28, 2016

Tim Holtz Bird Crazy for Romeo valentines art journal page

Every time I look at this page I chuckle to myself. This page makes me happy. These little birdies are too much! Juliette bird is so sad, and here comes Romeo to make her day with a wing full of heart balloons!
Art Journal Page
Art Journal Page
I started by putting gesso on the page. Distress ink in chipped sapphire and victorian velvet were added to the top of the page. I was NOT at all happy with the way it looked so I went over it with Distress paint in tumbled glass. I wanted the background a bit more bright so I added a little bit of my blue Gelatos.  I'm a little disapointed with the background color. I do wish I went with different color options. But hey, live and learn right? I'm doing this for fun, not perfection.


I thought the background needed something else, so, I stamped a Prima brick stamp randomly using black Archival Ink. I also stamped a script stamp.
#Artjournal

The black line, (the wire the bird is on) was drawn with a permanent marker. 

I then stamped the crazy birds using black Archival Ink on the journal page to pick up the details I knew I wouldn't be able to cut out like their legs. The little birdies were then stamped twice on cardstock, inked with Distress Inks, cut out, and glued to the page. 

The reason for stamping each bird twice, was because I went over their little eyes with Distress Ink. The second stamped image was to cut out their eyes, and glue them onto each bird. (Plus I have a tendency of going crazy with ink and trying a million color combos before I choose one.)

To make it more of a Valentines Day/Holiday theme, I drew little heart balloons on regular paper, painted them red, and glued the hearts to the page, along with red and white string. I even cut the birds little wing out for the balloon strings to go under!


The little bubble that says "Oh Romeo" was hand drawn and stamped. I also stamped the "Happy Valentines Day" on printer paper, cut out, inked, and glued. 

The last touches were a heart punch, heart stickers, and highlighting.
art journal page using tim holtz products
Art journal page
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU! Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to enter into the following challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment