January 20, 2016

Silhouette-Goddess

Hi there! Thanks for popping over here to see this page.

This journal page took much longer than expected, but it worked out in the end. I knew what I had in mind, and it didn't go nearly close to what I planned. Still, I couldn't be happier with the turn out. 
mixed media art journal page
Art Journal Page
First, I put Gesso down. This may not make sense to people who use distress inks. This is what worked for me. I tried applying the distress inks without the gesso and the page just kept sucking up the ink. The ink was NOT moving at all before the gesso. With the gesso it really spread out easier and I didn't get those big splotchy spots.
Then, I stenciled on some more distress ink, in random places. I also applied black paint through the Tim Holtz small circle stencils. I used the Tim Holtz Blue Print stamp (which is the world), colored with pencils, cut out and glued.
art journal
Art Journal Page
(Distress ink used: Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral, Shaded Lilac, and Evergreen Bough)

I drew the silhouettes of the women, painted them black with acrylic paint and glued them to the page. It wasn't as easy as it sounds lol. I went through about 4 silhouettes before cutting one without missing pieces. Cutting the hair out was a trip!  I used a white gel pen to accentuate certain areas.


I added some stickles on the left side of the journal. The last thing I did was use texture paste through a star stencil. The stars were barely visible at that point so I colored them black with a marker

Miscellaneous supplies used: colored pencils, markers, black ink

art journal
#artjournalpage
Thanks for stopping by! 
-hugs

I'm adding this art journal creation to the following challenges:
http://craftingwithanattitude.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/challenge-11.html-

Silhouettes is the new Challenge at TioT's 19th Jan



11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous spread. Love the great lay out, colours and your painting. Thank you joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous spread. Love the great lay out, colours and your painting. Thank you joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me and the sweet compliments!

      Delete
  3. A stunning spread with great technique ideas, thank you for sharing those with us and for joining in at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for allowing people to share their creations. So happy you like it!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful project. Worth the time it took to create. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. You're definitely right about that,it certainly was worth the time

      Delete
  5. A gorgeous journal spread. They are beautiful silhouettes against the lovely colours and techniques you used. Thank you for joining and sharing your work with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet encouraging comments.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the images and colours are absolutely stunning and I love the background that you've created, it's a perfect backdrop for the silhouette stamps. This is truly is an inspirational piece of art:)

    ReplyDelete