January 21, 2016

Silhouette- Beautiful Smoke, Dylusions Spray

I am so encouraged by the compliments I received on my two posts, I had to make another art journal page ASAP!!! The comments and compliments were the fuel I needed.  

#Artjournal
Art Journal Page
  1. I started by drawing the silhouette image. The image was cut out and painted black. Later on it was glued to the page.
  2. The background was sprayed with 3 different Dylusions Ink Sprays. I love the bright colors!! 
  3. I used three different stencils. I sprayed more Dylusions Ink through one stencil
    • The second stencil was a swirl stencil with black paint
    • The third stencil is a Tim Holtz small circle stencil and Archival Ink
  4. A grid stamp with black Archival Ink
  5.  A water bottle cap dipped in white acrylic paint touched down on the page a few times.
I learned here Dylusions aren't permanent.They certainly are bold and eye catching. But you should keep in mind they are water activated.

I tried to create a smoke look from her mouth. LOL that didn't turn out how I wanted. The last thing I did was use a paint brush and black acrylic paint to add the checkered border.

I like it! I'm a happy gal! Thanks for stopping by


-hugs 

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge blog- Make your Mark- Dylusions Spray Ink, Acrylic Paint
Try It On Tuesday- Silhouette


11 comments:

  1. Wow a stunning art journal page!! Thanks for joining our WW challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
    Marilyn DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is fabulous Melissa - I have been to look at your other beautiful pages! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing creation! :)
    Thanks for sharing it with Addicted To Stamps & More!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting us share our creations

      Delete
  4. A fantastic page with a beautiful silhoutte!
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented to draw the image and use it, I always love to see people using their own skills on their craft projects. Your mixed media journal page looks pretty awesome with the green and purple shades, lovely. I am your newest follower, would be happy if you follow me back. So glad to see your entry at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for the follow. I'd be happy to follow your blog.

      Delete
  6. So creative to draw your own image to use on your card. Your background is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete