January 31, 2016

Letters of Love

I'm so excited to share my Art Journal page! This art journal layout is themed around Valentines Day.

Love is in the air...
Art journal page
Art Journal Page
I used Distress Paint in Tattered rose, worn lipstick, and brushed corduroy. These paints are brandy new! These are new products for me and I'm starting to see what the Distress Paint rave is about. This is pretty awesome paint! I started my background with Tattered Rose. When that dried, I put on a few spots of worn lipstick. When that coat dried I went around the edges with brushed corduroy. Those colors came together so nicely! It all blended together so well.  

Tip: Distress Paint is a quite liquid. That doesn't mean it doesn't do a good job. It's just something to keep in mind. There's many different types of paint that all work fabulously. Some paint is heavy, some paint is light-weight. Some paint needs watered down, some doesn't.

Tip : Unless you are blending colors together, you definitely need to wait until your first layer of paint of dry before adding more color. If you are applying the paint with the dabber and your layer isn't dry, the dabber will leave rings in the undried paint.
 
While my paint was drying, I got out the Vintage Typewriter die cut I ordered on Etsy, and painted it black. I'm not into card making (yet) and don't have a die machine. So, Etsy is the way to go for me for now. 

I used a piece of  printer paper to trace the die. Then, I ran my silver tone ink pad over the piece of traced paper. My plan was for the silver piece of paper to resemble typewriter keys. I cut the inked paper and glued to the back of the typewriter. I found this ink pad at Walmart for $1.00!! I knew when I got it I'd find a use for it!


My Journal was completely dry by this point and my favorite part is now! Stamps and Stencils!! :)You can see there is stamping around the edges of the page. I also used a Tim Holtz small circle stencil with Distress Ink.

I found free printable post cards online. I printed them a few weeks ago and can't remember where I found these. It took me a while to find some small enough to fit on the page, I do remember that. The post cards were cut out, and inked with Vintage Photo. I'd love to link back to where I found these little cards for credit but I cant find them any where now.

Guess what? The little envelopes aren't envelopes. They look like it though right? I started folding paper and ended up with an envelope knock off lol. 
 
At this point I glued everything down on the page. I like to wait until I'm almost done to be sure I like things. Once it's on there you can't take it off. 
It was time for the point of the page to be stamped on- "LETTERS OF LOVE". The large alphabet stamp is recollections. The small alphabet stamp is Stampendous. Both were stamped with black Archival Ink.
The last thing I did was highlight around everything that was glued down, and stick on a bit of pearl bling on. What lady doesn't love bling?
Art Journal Page
Art Journal Page
Thank you for stopping by!

I am entering this journal spread in the following challenges:
Love is in the air -
Simon Says Monday
 
Anything Goes - Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment